APPLICATION BOOTCAMP – $1500
Dr. Deegan and College App ASAP now offer two-day Application Bootcamps in the Los Angeles area. These comprehensive events feature all of Dr. Deegan’s valuable college application advising and techniques in a concentrated format.
Designed to get applicants to the finish line in one highly focused day, Application Bootcamps offer:
• One-on-one personal guidance and discussion;
• Small group work (with all sessions limited to no more than 10 participants);
• Specifically instructed and individualized maps to complete application tasks; and
• Personal access to and private consultation with Dr. Deegan throughout the Application Bootcamp.
Dr. Deegan personally leads and designs all Application Bootcamps and conducts follow-up sessions for all participants.
Held in a beautiful and comfortable environment conducive to helping applicants produce their best work, College App ASAP’s Application Bootcamps run over two days, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and include breakfast, lunch and snacks. College App ASAP can provide referrals to nearby hotels for out of town participants. The facility is located within minutes of Los Angeles International Airport in Manhattan Beach, California.
The $1500 cost represents a significant discount of Dr. Deegan’s regular hourly fee of $150 per hour for consulting, and includes two full days (scheduled typically one week apart so you can complete some of the critical steps, such as the essay). By the end of the two-day session, your applications will be ready to submit.
The College App ASAP Application Bootcamp day experience looks like this:
• Pre-Camp Work: All participants receive a personal survey and need to complete it and return it to Dr. Deegan via email before they attend Application Bootcamp.
• College App ASAP Materials: All participants receive a library of advisory materials that Dr. Deegan has developed and perfected to guide applicants through the process. Application Bootcamp participants should review these materials carefully and bring whatever preliminary work they’ve completed (schools list, possible majors, essay outlines or drafts) to their session.
• Morning session includes introductions, review of participants’ status in the process, overview of the application process and requirements, working breakfast and a task map to get the most out of their morning session. Applicants who need to research schools or brainstorm essay topics will have individual support from Dr. Deegan and her team.
• During a working lunch, participants share their progress and challenges and make a specific plan for what they need to accomplish for the rest of the day.
• Afternoon session includes completion of schools list, and an opportunity for all participants to have private consultations with Dr. Deegan. The goal for the end of the day is a roadmap for the application statements or essays, so students can work on them until the next session (typically scheduled for the next weekend).
• Dr. Deegan will guide students through multiple drafts of all of the essays or statements they need for all of their applications. In addition, she will provide guidance on scholarship search and applications, financial aid, letters of recommendation and other components of the application process. The goal for the end of this second session day is to empower everyone to “hit send” on their applications. Dr. Deegan will consult personally with all participants of College App ASAP’s Application Bootcamps, answering questions, reviewing additional materials or drafts, and providing support and guidance to make sure applications are submitted successfully.
All participants are also required to bring working laptop or tablet computers that they are able to write on and use to submit online applications.
Late Fall dates coming soon. Come back to reserve your space in an Application Bootcamp. Dates will run from mid-November through December, 2015, on selected Saturdays and Sundays. All Application Bootcamps run from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm as part of a two-day camp, typically scheduled one week apart.
Please complete a registration form by clicking here to save your place in a College App ASAP Application Bootcamp. You will receive instructions on how to reserve your preferred date. Payment must be received in advance in order to participate in a College App ASAP Application Bootcamp. Please email Dr. Deegan directly at email@example.com to discuss if you have any questions.