PERSONAL STATEMENT – DOUBLE REVIEW – $350
Dr. Deegan’s most popular personal statement package is the Double Review. In just a few steps, you can have a personal statement ready to submit, one that helps to capture who you are and what you will bring if admitted. Dr. Deegan will provide two reviews and two rounds of feedback, to maximize guidance on your personal statement.
This fee includes a thorough review for (a) content/topic, (b) composition (grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation), and (c) impression (how it reads and feels from a reader who doesn’t know you), to name a few. Dr. Deegan will review your submission and provide a complete roadmap for revision and improvement on each of the two drafts.
Two reviews of the material you submit completes the Double Review service.
Here’s how the process works:
- Sign-Up: Complete the registration form, selecting Double Review from the service menu. Provide complete contact information so Dr. Deegan may correspond with you if necessary. Submit your payment of $350 according to the instructions on the form.
- Draft: When you sign up for a Double Review and complete payment, Dr. Deegan will send you a package of her best advice on writing the personal statement. Her tips and suggestions have guided students to success for the past 12 years. After reviewing Dr. Deegan’s material, write or revise your personal statement.
- Deadlines: When you sign up and pay, Dr. Deegan will include a deadline by which you must submit your first draft. Be sure to submit your work within the deadline provided by Dr. Deegan. She strives to complete two reviews of your personal statement in a week, but you must meet the deadlines for that to happen. Other specific timeframes can be agreed to in advance.*
- Submit: Submit an MS Word or plain text version of your personal statement draft work using the instructions provided by Dr. Deegan. If you have technical issues, please contact her at email@example.com.
- Review: Dr. Deegan will provide detailed feedback on your draft and send it to you.
- Revise: Follow Dr. Deegan’s feedback to improve and finalize your personal statement draft.
- Resubmit: Send your revised personal statement back to Dr. Deegan for her review, again following instructions and adhering to all deadlines.
- Final Review: Review the feedback Dr. Deegan has provided on your final draft.
- Final Revision: Make any changes advised by Dr. Deegan, and add anything else you think to improve your personal statement.
- Apply: Submit your personal statement and application!
*If you don’t submit your work by the agreed deadline, you may forfeit your fee and the opportunity to receive Dr. Deegan’s feedback.
Dr. Deegan adheres to strict deadlines for two reasons: (1) she is the sole reviewer and editor for College App ASAP services and cannot accommodate all applicants on the last days near or at college application deadlines; and (2) applicants work best when responding to a deadline, rather than working within an open-ended process – trust Dr. Deegan when she says that you will work better, and write better, if you have a deadline.
Express Service: For an express fee of $500, Dr. Deegan will provide feedback on two drafts of the same personal statement within 48 hours.
Click here to sign up today for a Double Review.